No upcoming events found.
MAYBA ROYALS TRAVEL TEAMS
MAYBA's traveling program is governed by the Mankato Area Youth Baseball Association and its Board of Directors and plays under the Mankato Royals banner. The Mankato Royals Traveling Teams are divided into 8 age categories: age 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16VFW, and Legion Baseball (age 17-18). With players in each age group placed on a AAA, AA or A team.
MAYBA players, coaches, parents and fans take great pride in representing Mankato and Mankato Area Youth Baseball Association in league play and tournaments in Mankato and the surrounding area. The Mankato Royals traveling program is well recognized as a leading baseball program that brings an attitude of good competition, sportsmanship, and good team development. Not only are we building good baseball skills, but good living and social skills that are important throughout life. One of the goals of the the travel team program is to give each player the opportunity to excel in a competitive environment, building good physical skills, lasting memories, and an attitude of good sportsmanship both on and off the field.
MAYBA Age Levels are based on state organization and/or league rules. Traveling team players must conform to the age levels as listed below.
However, MAYBA will allow a younger age to play up, if doing so allows that player to play with peers from his own grade level.
i.e. a player who is presently a freshman in high school AND who turns 15 on or after May 1 of that freshman year would be allowed the choice of playing by age (14) or by grade level (15).
|2016 Age Level||Birthdates||Current Grade|
|10 Yr Olds||05 / 01 / 2005||to||04 / 30 / 2006||4th|
|11 Yr Olds||05 / 01 / 2004||to||04 / 30 / 2005||5th|
|12 Yr Olds||05 / 01 / 2003||to||04 / 30 / 2004||6th|
|13 Yr Olds||05 / 01 / 2002||to||04 / 30 / 2003||7th|
|14 Yr Olds||05 / 01 / 2001||to||04 / 30 / 2002||8th|
|15 Yr Olds||05 / 01 / 2000||to||04 / 30 / 2001||9th|
|16 Yr Olds (VFW)||06 / 01 / 1999||to||05 / 31 / 2000||10th|
|Legion 17/18 Yr Olds||01 / 01 / 1997||to||05 / 31 / 1999||11th & 12th|
** Important Information for the 2016 Royals Baseball Season**
All Royals players (ages 10-15) will have to purchase their own pants prior to the start of the season
- Pants can be tried on for proper sizing and must be ordered at either Play it Again Sports (new location at 1668 Madison Ave., across from “Grizzly’s”) or Scheels (RiverHills Mall).
- The 2016 pants are a Mizuno Premier Pro (gray fabric with a single black braid, open-bottomed), and are available in all youth and adult sizes.
-The “Premier Pro” is Mizuno’s replacement for the “Global Elite”, used in 2015. Because they are nearly identical, either style can be used this season.
- Pants will be available for sizing and pre-orders, beginning December 15th through February 1st (at both stores). Parents can order as many as they wish.
- Prices if ordered before February 1st: Youth- $31.00 Adult- $33.50
- Prices if ordered after February 1st (regular in-store price): Youth- $45.00 Adult- $50.00
- For sizing and purchasing at Scheels, please go to the Baseball Department (upstairs), and for Play it Again Sports, go to the main desk. Let them know you are ordering Mankato Royals pants (there will be short information form to fill out).
- Pants can be returned to the store that they were purchased at, as long as all the original tags are intact, along with the proof of purchase receipt.
-PLEASE ORDER BY FEBRUARY 1st to guarantee your proper sizes and quantities ordered, and the group pricing!
- The individual stores will let you know when purchased pants are available to be picked up (both will order from Mizuno directly).
- Royals 16VFW teams will size and purchase pants ($33.50) at their player/parent organizational meeting at the MAYBA Warehouse (time and date to be announced). Their pants will be Mizuno Premier Pro (white fabric with a single black braid, open-bottomed).
Please contact Rudy Kleist (MAYBA Equipment Manager) with any questions or concerns at email@example.com or 507-995-7802
Bats must be 2 1/4" with unlimited weight differential or bats must be between 2 1/2" and 2 3/4"and have a–10 differential or less (i.e. 30” – 20.0 oz.)